Audio and Video Support
Support Hours: 7:30am – 4:30pm Monday through Friday excluding Holidays.
Contact Us for assistance via the helpdesk: firstname.lastname@example.org or 692-1111. Please note that after hours, weekend or holiday work maybe subject to charges to cover overtime pay.
The OIT Helpdesk offers basic support for the Audio Visual equipment at the Kaka’ako campus. We provide operational support for Audio Visual equipment using the touch screen controls in the auditorium, classrooms, library and access grid room. Please schedule support requests at least 2 weeks in advance to ensure a staff member can assist you.
JABSOM OIT supports point-to-point H.323 IP video teleconferences for Kakaʻako . Participation in H.320 ISDN video teleconferences or multi-point teleconferences require the use of a bridging service.
Room requestors are responsible for event coordination and securing a bridging service (if necessary). The requestor should also identify the participating site or bridging service and provide technical contacts to JABSOM OIT. Once the technical contacts are established, JABSOM OIT will assist with testing before the event and will provide technical assistance during business hours (7:30am – 4:30pm).
UH-Mānoa has a service for UH sites/employees. TIPG/PeaceSAT has a service per the STAN network. There may be costs for the use of these bridging services. Commercial bridging services are also available, typically at a higher cost.
Below is a link to the the UH-Manoa ITS video teleconferencing site. It has some information on their bridging service and step-by step instructions on scheduling a multi-site VTC.
Here is a link to the PEACESAT/TIPG/STAN site:
The Kakaʻako Medical Education Building (MEB) has two rooms available for video teleconferencing:
- The Access Grid Room MEB202, call the Dean’s Office at 692-0886 or 692-0885 to schedule.
- The Auditorium MEB315, call the Office of Medical Education at 692-0920 to schedule.
The participant must have the following information available for the Helpdesk:
- The date, time and location of the VTC event.
- The remote VTC IP (internet protocol) address, remote site operator/technician name and contact number.
Please schedule OIT support requests at least 2 weeks in advance to ensure a staff member can assist you. If you have any questions, please feel free to call the JABSOM Helpdesk at 692-1111 or e-mail email@example.com.
AV Support Caveats
Planning and coordination of events is the responsibility of the requesting individual, group or department. The OIT Helpdesk can provide technical consultation for such events.
- Hardware and maintenance support for the AV equipment is performed by the Facilities Management Office.
- The OIT Helpdesk is unable to provide audio recording.
- The OIT Helpdesk is unable to support H.320 ISDN video teleconferences or multi-point video teleconferences.
- All use is subject to University of Hawaii Executive Policy E2.210.